10/28/2010

Zelly Cthulhu explores Bloomfield.

I had promised to take Zelly Cthulhu on a tour of his new neighbourhood. The nightmarish weather had passed sometime in the early morning, leaving sunshine and a calm atmosphere behind. It was perfect for photography. As I gathered my lenses and filters together, Zelly explored my bag.

DSC_0017

After picking up a package (I'm going to be Faye from Questionable Content for Halloween), Zelly announced that he was hungry.

DSC_0018

The owner was a mustachioed gentleman named Sergio. Poor Sergio. I hope someday he'll get over the nightmares.

I've been living in Bloomfield since May, but I had never taken the opportunity to explore my surroundings. But with Zelly's unyielding enthusiasm, it turned into an adventure. I picked up on small details that I had never noticed on my way to the laundromat or grocery store.

DSC_0019

DSC_0020

Upon seeing this sign, I thought it would be funny to get a picture of Zelly sitting on top of it. He didn't really get the joke, so I simply explained "That's Jesus Christ. Whenever your dad wakes up, you're going to hear a lot of people saying that guy's name."

DSC_0021

He wanted a picture in front of a portrait of his mother, even though I tried to explain that it wasn't her. Zelly was unrelenting, so I eventually just gave in.

DSC_0022

Sometime after, Zelly decided that he wanted to take a nap in the warm sun. I had no idea what (or how long) a "nap" entailed, so I told him to get up and wait until we got home.

DSC_0025

He got kind of cranky after that, so I threatened to leave him behind. 

DSC_0026

DSC_0027

He didn't think it was very funny. I told Zelly to pose on the mailbox because that's what he was acting like.

DSC_0028

"I'm just going to park here! For an hour! Just like the sign says! And you can't stop me!" 

DSC_0029

I picked him up. "If I'm going to be taking care of you, I can't just leave you in the middle of the street. Your father would be furious! Come on, let's go."

DSC_0031

After that, he perked up a bit. It may have been the squirrel he attacked and devoured. I was too afraid to take any pictures of that.

Our sightseeing trip resumed.

DSC_0034

DSC_0035

DSC_0036

At one point, Zelly tried to steal a bike. I just let him go so he could see the folly of his effort. He later lamented the fact that he wasn't big enough to reach the handlebars, but "having a bike would be the most badass thing ever!" I told him that if he was good, Santa Cthulhu might bring him one for Fishmas.

DSC_0037

"Santa Cthulhu only comes to good little Elder Things. Little Elder Things that help around the house and don't eat all the noodles and don't make threats to devour the soul of a person that's just trying to be nice. Maybe you should sit down and think about that."

He did, but he mostly just pondered how awesome his new bike would be.

DSC_0038

"OH! ZELLY!" I exclaimed. "You have to get your picture taken on the phone! It'll be 'The Call of Cthulhu'!" I started to laugh, but he just stared at me. I guess he never read any Lovecraft.

DSC_0039

"Is that were Santa Cthulhu lives? Is that were his Fishmas shoggoths make all the presents?"

"Uh...yeah. That's where he lives. Notice how close it is to my apartment, Zelly. If you act up, he'll know about it."

"Can we go in? Please?"

"No. He has a lot of work to do. But you can get your picture in front of the sign. Maybe you can send a copy to him with your Fishmas list."

DSC_0040

I got a picture of the two of us together.

DSC_0041

We returned home after that, but not before Zelly tried to attack a grocery store.

DSC_0042

He spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the bathroom and writing out his Fishmas list. Later on, he followed me to Punk Rock Karaoke, but he was afraid to leave my bag. Too many new people or something. Oh well, maybe next time.

3 comments:

  1. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/bomji23/LJ3/IMG_1887.jpg

    He's watching indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TELL HIM I'M BEING GOOD! I'M A REALLY GOOD ELDER THING, AND I WOULD LIKE A BIKE AND MAYBE A PONY BECAUSE PONIES ARE REALLY TASTY.

    THANK YOU,
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/bomji23/LJ3/IMG_1888.jpg

    Hmmmm. Well, if you're very, very good, and don't eat any guinea pigs (guinea pigs factor heavily in the mind-rending-apocalypse plans) and help Brianne, there's a slight possibility I'll bring you a bike made from pony souls.

    ReplyDelete